Relationship Manager (Remote, Contractor)
Has your experience with the college planning process made you think: there has to be a better way? Are you motivated to help students navigate the process with greater confidence and clarity?
College Kickstart offers a data-driven web application for college planning that is in use by several top independent schools across the nation, including Buckingham, Browne and Nichols, Harvard-Westlake, Horace Mann, Peddie School, Thacher School and Harker School. College counseling teams within these organizations rely on College Kickstart to better manage expectations, empower students and recover time to advise. Our compelling value to independent schools has driven phenomenal growth over the past few admission cycles.
We seek part-time Relationship Managers to join our team to assist with new business development and managing current client relationships in the following areas:
- Washington, DC (DC/MD/VA)
- Southeast U.S.
This remote role is targeted at ten to fifteen (10-15) hours per week. The role could involve occasional regional travel but will mostly be done from your home office -- making it perfect for a work-from-home professional mom, dad, career-transitioner or caregiver.
Successful Relationship Managers will excel at being able to:
- Forge winning relationships with local independent school college counseling teams and key administrators.
- Drive new business and customer success to ensure high satisfaction and retention
- Plan and deliver local marketing initiatives, including local-presence and presentations at conferences, meetings, seminars, webinars, college fairs, and other prospecting events.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent people skills (with a bit of data wonk mixed in)
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to do a great online demo
- Familiarity with local independent high schools because you’re already a part of the community
- College admissions experience (including battle scars from going through the process with a loved one)
- A heart and head for the plight students, families, and counselors face during the college admissions process
- A track record of being a trusted and reliable team member with an eye for constant improvement against goals
- Fluency with web prospecting and communications methods that work including using all of the modern tech tools to drive business
This is a part-time consulting role. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and competitive with similar roles in the local market.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer: College Kickstart is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.