For those of you who have been waitlisted at one of your top choices, here's a list of 2019 waitlist statistics for several popular private and public schools, along with notification dates and latest status where available.
Our sample of waitlist statistics from 132 private and public institutions paints the following picture:
- The number of students admitted from the waitlist more than doubled year over year from 9,882 in 2018 to 21,180 in 2019
- On average, 15 percent of students accepting a place on a waitlist were admitted in 2019, up from 7 percent in 2018
- 48 percent of the schools admitted 10 percent or less of the students accepting a place on the waitlist last year (vs. 70 percent in 2018)
- 27 percent of the schools admitted 5 percent or less (vs. 44 percent in 2018)
- 7 percent admitted no one (vs. 12 percent in 2018)
Given the uncertainty caused by COVID-19, we fully expect the rise in waitlist activity to continue for 2020 (Class of 2024).
Be sure to bookmark this page as we expect to be updating status over the next several weeks.
Click Continue Reading for the list.